This morning I got up and (after Bible reading, of course) warmed up then made my best attempt at interval running. It’s actually moderately intensive jogging for 20 seconds then walking for a minute, but it really got my heart rate up and the sweat pouring! It’s hard to find time in the evenings to workout and run, so I really hope to make doing so in the mornings my usual thing.
I followed that up with a very refreshing cold shower, then drank my COLD water. Why do I make it a point to drink iced water early in the morning?
- Introducing that cold water to my system in a fasted state and early means my body has to burn a few more calories to warm it up (and to warm me up).
- It kicks off my daily hydration focus with a nice start. The routine is easy to remember and gets me hydrated before I have my black coffee, a diuretic.
- It helps me feel full, making intermittent fasting much easier. My mind isn’t on my empty stomach, because it’s not really empty; I can focus on what I need to do instead of food.
In future posts, I’ll go into the whys of:
- Walking 30 minutes to an hour a day
- Eating one meal a day (OMAD, 23:1)
- Making a conscious effort to stand as much as possible, rather than sitting
I’m down 15 pounds thus far!