In an effort to a) look better; b) have fewer things; and c) lessen decision fatigue, I’ve decided to totally redo my wardrobe. I will:
- Wear nicer clothes,
- Have fewer clothes,
- Wear pretty much the same outfit every day.
Here’s the plan thus far:
- Blue jeans (2 pairs). They go with everything.
- Gray slacks (2 pairs). I wanted navy slacks at first, but the problem with those is I wouldn’t be able to use the next item.
- Navy blazer. This classic is extremely versatile. I can wear it with a my slacks of course, or jeans.
- Oxford shirts (2 blue, 1 white) with chest pocket and dress collar. I plan to wear the blue every day, with the white available for preaching, weddings, funerals, etc.
- Dark navy blue suit. For weddings, funerals, and occasionally preaching (I have a dark gray suit I plan to hang on to for now).
- Socks (3 pairs gray, 1 blue). I really like Darn Tough socks for this.
- Vest (1 navy) and sweaters (1 light gray, 1 blue).
- Others include white tees and briefs.
That will take care of work and church functions. I already have brown brogues and a decent pair of boots, so I’m good on shoes. I haven’t thought about my coats and jackets yet; I hope to keep 2-3 I have and save some money.
I’ll keep a couple of my old shirts and jeans to work around the homestead, and maybe pick up a sweatshirt and lounge pants to wear around the house.